What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a holistic approach in diagnosing, treating and preventing disorders of human movement. We aim to improve the quality of life and wellbeing in all those that we treat. The physiotherapist profession is underpinned by strong evidence-based, meaning that our knowledge, skills and treatment approaches are all backed by the latest in research. This results in the best for our clientèle.
What should I expect at Menai District Physiotherapy?
At Menai District Physiotherapy, we believe in managing your symptoms of pain and discomfort. We combine this with early active management using exercise as therapy. We also love looking at the whole you as there are usually many factors contributing to your pain (especially if it is recurrent or has been there for a long time). At Menai District Physiotherapy, we focus on not only getting rid of your pain, but also on identifying the underlying drivers. To obtain lasting freedom from your pain, we are trained to not only treat the area you have pain but identify potential weaknesses in other areas and to address them. Your treatment program will include exercises and therapeutic techniques to correct the underlying drivers. To make sure you stay on track, we teach you management strategies at home and offer regular follow up consultations to make sure the risk factors that we eliminated are not starting to creep back.
What will my first session involve?
- Hands-on treatment such as joint mobilisations and massage.
- Dry Needling to speed up your recovery.
- Customised exercise programs (stretches and strengthening) that are easy to fit into your normal daily routine and let you keep working on your recovery between sessions.
- Corrective taping techniques.
- Recommendations for support and bracing products that help speed up your recovery.
- Advice on any important lifestyle factors such as desk postures and recreational activities or hobbies that may need to be adjusted to help you recover.
- Advice on strategies for prevention so that you never have to come back to us again for the same injury.
- Liaising with other involved health practitioners so that we are working together to achieve the best result for you.
At Menai District Physiotherapy, our physios strive to work with you to provide a fast, effective and lasting solution to your problems. On your first visit, we will establish an accurate diagnosis and develop an ‘action plan’. This will be done with input from yourself in the decision making to ensure that we are addressing your most important concerns. All physio treatment provided is evidence-based care and will usually include: